eXtreme Electronics Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Working with TSOP1738 IR Sensor  (Read 2844 times)

ramesh_extreme

• View Profile
Working with TSOP1738 IR Sensor
« on: November 29, 2011, 02:48:30 PM »

Hi all!
I am a newbee . I want you guys to help me with the IR Sensor. I have bought the PIC 40pin dev board from extreme electronics loaded with a 18f4520 PIC. In the dev board the TSOP IR sensor is connected to RBO pin. What i need is, I want to store the signals (38KHz) from an IR remote to the chip's EEPROM and i want to drive a motor or some thing like that when the same button is pressed. When i searched in the web they all had either the arduino code or 8051 code which i dont understand.What i want to know is that how can we store the signal since it is only one pin to receive the signal. I used micro C before but C code is ok for me. Will you help me guys?

avinash

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • eXtreme Electronics
Re: Working with TSOP1738 IR Sensor
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 03:46:28 AM »

See the RC5 protocol details and implement a decoder in software. You may need to us an external interrupt and timer to recover the data. Since the data is Manchester encoded you need to write a simple Manchester decoder. Finally you need to write a fifo queue to store the incoming data.

ramesh_extreme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 05:20:58 AM »

Can you detail it as a tutorial in this forum so that every one can learn that. I am not well versed in this thats why. It will be helpful to many if you do so. You can do it rite, i have seen the avr tutorial of the same, but didnt understand dats why!

ramesh_extreme

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 09:47:55 AM »

Can any one guys help me out. I am waiting ! :(